Governor Baker has announced that golf may now be played in Massachusetts. The Captains remains closed today, but will open beginning tomorrow, Friday, May 8 based on the restrictions below:
- MEMBERSHIPS MUST BE PAID BEFORE A RESERVATION CAN BE MADE.
- MEMBERSHIPS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN PERSON AT THE PRO SHOP. Memberships can be paid on-line or mailed in. (On-line payments will be processed as soon as possible, but within six hours of receipt at most). PLEASE UNDERSTAND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY UNTIL YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS PROCESSED.
- Members only are permitted to play – NO GUESTS. There will be no association block times for the time being.
- Walking only, no riding carts or rental push carts. You may use your own push/pull cart.
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED FOR ALL PLAY, even back 9 play. NO WALK ONS. Reservations can be made on line, but day of play reservations require a call to the pro shop.
- 18 minute tee time intervals. Players must clearly mark their golf ball so it can easily be identified to eliminate a potential touch point.
- PLAYERS MUST REMAIN IN THEIR CARS UNTIL AT LEAST 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THEIR TEE TIME, then they can head to the pro shop window to check in. All players must check in at the pro shop window, even those playing the back 9. PLAYERS MUST RETURN TO THEIR CARS IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THEIR ROUND. No gathering allowed.
- Practice greens and practice range remain closed.
- Pro shop remains closed. Players check in by walking by the pro shop window by the front door.
- Restaurant remains closed.
- Rest rooms remain closed.
- Cups on greens are raised one inch. Flags remain in cups. PLAYERS MUST NOT TOUCH THE FLAG STICK.
- No ball washers, rakes, OR WATER STATIONS on the course.
- There will be no trash recepaicles on the course. WHAT YOU BRING IN, YOU TAKE OUT.
- 15.ALL PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO PRACTICE APPROPRIATE SOCIAL DISTANCING (at least six feet apart). Face coverings are recommended and are MANDATORY if unable to maintain minimum 6’ social distancing. Players are required to bring their own face coverings.
- Tee times will run from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm daily.
- Pro shop will be staffed to handle phone calls and monitor play from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
We will be opening up the on-line tee time system as of 12:00 noon today to accept reservations. REMEMBER, that if you are making a reservation within two days you do it as a BOOKING. Beyond two days you make a REQUEST. As always the requests will be placed two days in advance and your tee time will be emailed to you.
Please understand that while we are happy to be able to open so you can get out on the course, we will not allow any deviance from the above regulations. We will not be able to have the flexibility that you have been accustomed to. It is imperative that you follow the rules and maintain proper social distancing. Anything less could jeopardize our ability to remain open for your enjoyment. We will be sending you information on a Phase 2 plan to implement within the next week or so. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.