The Conservation Commission has certain town owned lands under its care, custody and control. It is the policy of the Brewster Conservation Commission to annually review and vote on the hunting policy for lands under its control. Click here for a map of areas under discussion.
A request to open certain conservation lands to deer and turkey hunting was received. The Commission contacted the state to provide comments and to conduct a survey of the Punkhorn Parklands to evaluate deer density. There will be a presentation on that study and public discussion at the Conservation hearing on October 20th. 7:00 pm
Discussion on modifications to the hunting policy for lands under the care and custody of the Conservation Commission
- Presentation on deer browse and deer pellet studies in the Punkhorn Parklands, Steven Wright, Wildlife Biologist, Massachusetts Division of Fisheries & Wildlife
- Staff presentation of draft regulations
- Questions from Commissioners
- Public comment (1 hour). Each speaker will be asked to limit their comments to three minutes to allow everyone to be heard. Any written comments will also be read into the record.
No vote on changes to the hunting policy is proposed for this meeting.
This meeting will be conducted by remote participation pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 2020 orders suspending certain Open Meeting Law provisions and imposing limits on public gatherings. No in-person meeting attendance will be permitted. If the Town is unable to live broadcast this meeting, a record of the proceedings will be provided on the Town website as soon as possible.
The Town has established specific email addresses for each board and committee so the public can submit comments either before or during the meeting.
To submit public comment or questions to the Conservation Commission, please email: email@example.com
To view the:
- Live broadcast: Tune to Brewster Government TV Channel 18
- Livestream: Go to http://livestream.brewster-ma.gov
- Audio/video recording: Go to http://www.tv.brewster-ma.gov
- Public Meeting Packet: http://records.brewster-ma.gov/WebLink/0/fol/118271/Row1.aspx
To join the meeting via Zoom, either use this link to the meeting:
Go to https://zoom.us/join, and if necessary, download the Zoom app. Once you are in Zoom,
enter the meeting ID number 896 0776 9373, hit enter, then enter the password 031734.
To join the meeting by phone, call 1 929 436 2866, then enter the meeting ID # 896 0776 9373
One tap mobile: +19294362866,, 896 0776 9373# US (New York)