Barnstable County and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts are currently experiencing a shortage of COVID-19 vaccine which is limiting our capacity to conduct vaccination clinics on Cape Cod. Brewster, like most Cape communities, is working closely with the Barnstable County Health Department to conduct regional clinics across the Cape to accommodate our residents per the MA COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan Massachusetts' COVID-19 vaccination phases | Mass.gov. While the state plan, comprised of three phases, is now open for all of Phase 1 eligible residents and Phase 2 residents who are 75 years or older, access to the vaccine for Phase 2 residents on Cape Cod is currently limited. As more vaccine becomes available, additional clinics will be advertised for those eligible in Phase 2.
Here are a few tips to help our residents navigate the current online registration processes:
- Register your email at Vaccine Registration : Barnstable County Department of Health and Environment (barnstablecountyhealth.org) to receive 24 hour notification of the next Cape regional clinic to open
Check frequently at www.maimmunizations.org/clinic/search to search for available clinics on Cape and across Massachusetts (Massachusetts Map of Vaccination Clinic Sites )
- Enter your address and search within a 25 mile radius (or greater for off-Cape clinics) to generate a list of clinics within your search parameters
- Click into the desired clinic and complete the application process to register. If the selected clinic states “appointments available 0”, complete the registration process through the last page labelled as “appointment” and select the “add to waiting list” option at the bottom of the page. PLEASE NOTE – this wait list only applies to this specific clinic if appointments become available. You can register for more than one clinic wait list at a time, however, you must register again for each new clinic that becomes available.
Pharmacies on Cape Cod offering COVID-19 Vaccines through online registrations:
CVS South Yarmouth
- www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine or 1-800-SHOP-CVS (1-800-746-7287)
- Stop and Shop, Hyannis, Harwich, or Orleans
- Walgreens, Hyannis, Mashpee, or South Yarmouth
- CVS South Yarmouth
Questions? Call the Barnstable County Helpline at 774-330-3001, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm