Pfizer COVID-19 Booster shots are now available to:
- Individuals 65 years of age and older.
- Individuals 18-64 years of age at risk for severe COVID-19 due to certain underlying medical conditions as defined by the CDC.
- Individuals 18-64 years of age who are at increased risk for COVID-19 because of occupational or institutional settings.
To view more information from the CDC, please click here.
If you are eligible, here are the steps to find a convenient location for getting a Pfizer COVID-19 Booster:
- Visit the Vaxfinder tool at vaxfinder.mass.gov for a full list of hundreds of locations to receive a booster. Residents will be able to narrow results to search for locations that are offering boosters, with some appointments available now for booking. Additional appointments are expected to come online in the coming days. Many locations will be booking appointments out weeks in advance.
- For individuals who are unable to use Vaxfinder, or have difficulty accessing the internet, the COVID-19 Vaccine Resource Line (Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday 9AM-2PM) by calling 2-1-1 and following the prompts is available for assistance. The COVID-19 Vaccine Resource Line is available in English and Spanish and has translators available to in approximately 100 additional languages.
Vaccines are widely available across the Commonwealth. Getting vaccinated remains the most important thing individuals can do to protect themselves, their families, and their community. Fully vaccinated residents should receive a COVID-19 booster shot when they are eligible and as vaccines are authorized by the CDC. The COVID-19 booster is safe, effective, and free. Individuals do not need an ID or health insurance to access a booster and do not need to show a vaccine card when getting a booster. Additional information on the COVID-booster, including FAQs, can be found at Mass.gov/COVID19booster.
Individuals can check if they are eligible for a booster using the eligibility tool at mass.gov/BoosterCheck.
As more information becomes available on booster vaccines for individuals who have received either the Moderna or Johnson and Johnson vaccine, the MA Department of Public Health will provide updated information.
Quick Links to Local COVID Vaccine Distributors
Barnstable County Health Department (Covid-19 helpline 774-330-3001)
Massachusetts Department of Public Health
COVID-19 Vaccine Availability | Mass.gov
CVS Pharmacy: www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
(Orleans, Harwich, Dennis, Yarmouth)
Walgreens Pharmacy: www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19?ban=covid_vaccine_landing_schedule
(Orleans, Dennis, Yarmouth)