- Park hours: Dawn to dusk daily (except during DPW park maintenance)
- Small Dog Area: For dogs weighing less than 30 pounds
- Large Dog Area: For dogs weighing 30 pounds or more
- Dog handlers in enclosure: Must be at least 15 years of age
- Youth from 6 to 14 years: Must be accompanied by an adult in Large & Small Dog Areas
- Mobility assistance devices: Permitted in all park areas
- Park stewards: Assist with safe park operations – please follow their instructions
FOR SAFETY, DOGS MUST:
- Be licensed; ID & current rabies tag must be displayed on collar or harness at all times in dog park
- Be leashed in parking area, then unleashed in lobby before entering Large or Small Dog Areas
- Be within handler’s view & under voice control at all times
- Be healthy & free of contagious diseases/parasites
- Use dog toys unless it causes disruptive behavior
- Provide training treats in Large/Small Dog Areas but not dog food
- Clean up after dogs immediately & dispose of dog waste properly
- Remain inside enclosure with their dog(s)
- Keep possession of a leash for each dog
- Keep gates closed except when entering or exiting, and avoid congregating near gates
- Immediately remove a dog – without debate – at first sign of aggressive behavior toward other dogs/people, if excessively barking, or if mounting other dogs
NOT ALLOWED IN PARK ENCLOSURES
- Children under 6 years
- Dogs under 4 months
- Animals other than dogs
- Retractable leashes
- Prong, pinch, spiked, or choke collars
- Dogs in heat
- Smoking or using e-cigarettes
- Dog grooming
- Digging holes (please fill holes in)
- More than 3 dogs per handler
- Food, glass/breakable containers, alcohol & children’s toys
- Bicycles, scooters, strollers, skateboards & similar
- IN EVENT OF EMERGENCY: Call 911
- IN EVENT OF INJURIES, BITES, INCIDENTS OR DISRUPTIVE CONDUCT BY DOGS OR PEOPLE: Call Brewster Police (508) 896-7011
- PARK USE: This park is provided for recreational use only, in accordance with MGL Chapter 21, Section 17C. No other use is allowed.
- LIABILITY: The Town of Brewster, its staff, officers, officials, employees, and volunteers are not responsible for personal injury to people or animals using this park. Users do so at their own risk and are solely responsible for injuries and/or damage caused by their actions and their animals, or to their person or their animals by other users/animals.
- DANGEROUS DOGS: Dogs determined to be dangerous under MGL Chapter 140, Section 157 not permitted in park.
- VIOLATIONS: Park rules violators are subject to eviction, fines, and/or exclusion from this park. Town may ban individual dogs or people from park.
- COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES/SOLICITATION: Requires Town Administrator’s prior permission.
Per Order of Brewster Select Board