MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Procurement Services implements and administers the purchasing policies and procedures of the Town. It ensures that all purchases are made in accordance with Massachusetts State Law and Town By-Laws; that they are open, fair and competitive, and that low cost and high quality standards are met. Procurement Services determines purchasing policies and procedures applicable to all departments’ outward procurement activities on behalf of the Town.
In addition to purchasing, Procurement Services monitors departmental procurement practices and facilitates contract administration to ensure compliance with applicable laws governing procurement of municipal supplies, services, equipment, and capital improvements involving public works, building construction and design services.
ASSISTANT TOWN MANAGER & PROCUREMENT OFFICER
The Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) is responsible, under Massachusetts General Law, for compliance with the policies and procedures of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, extending to compliance with municipal rules and regulations involving procurement. Under the Town of Brewster Charter, the Town Manager is the Chief Procurement Officer but may delegate day to day procurement and contracting operations to the Procurement Officer who is a Massachusetts Certified Public Procurement Official (MCPPO).
The CPO or their designee have the authority to review, evaluate and deny any requested purchase should it not comply with Massachusetts General Laws or with any established policy or procedure.
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Payroll Certification
- Certificate of Non-Collusion
BIDS & RFPs
- Captain's Maintenance Facilities Analysis (November 2022)
- Fire Department Staffing Study (November 2022)
- 212 Yankee Drive Remediation (December 2022)
- Captain's Doors and Windows Replacement (February 2023)
- Long Pond Landing Boat Ramp (February 2023)
- Water Tank Rehabiliation (March 2023)
- Town Hall Window Replacement (March 2023)
- Townwide HVAC Services (May 2023)
- Rehabilitation of 212 Yankee Drive (June 2023)
- Town Hall Selective Window Replacement Phase II (June 2023)
- Administration of Brewster Rental Assistance Program (July 2023)
- .22 Caliber Range Soil Remediation (July 2023)/procurement-services/bids/22-caliber-shooting-range-soil-remediation-portion-3057-main-st
- Tight Tank Services (July 2023) /procurement-services/bids/tight-tank-services-various-town-buildings
- Beach Sand Renourishment (Aug 2023) /procurement-services/bids/screened-sand-beach-renourishment
- Police Department Fencing and Gate Project /procurement-services/bids/police-department-installation-fencing-and-secure-pen
- Public Safety Uniforms and Equipment (Sept 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/brewster-public-safety-uniforms-and-equipment
- Townwide Irrigation Services (Sept 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/townwide-irrigation-maintenace-and-repairs-advertised-quote
- CDBG FY22/23 Regional Grant Administrator (Sept 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/administrative-ser...
- Truck Repair Quote (Sept 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/truck-repair-quote
- Auto Body Work Quote (Sept 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/auto-body-work-quote
- Brewster Ladies Library Elevator Replacement (Oct. 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/brewster-ladies-li...
- CDBG FY22/23 Regional Grant Administrator (Oct 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/administrative-services-regional-cdbg-fy2223-grant-0
- Vesper Pond Road and Drainage Improvements (Oct 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/vesper-pond-road-and-drainage-improvements
- Municipal Lease: Ambulance (Oct 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/new-ambulance-lease-quote
- .22 Caliber Range Soil Remediation (Nov 2023) https://www.brewster-ma.gov/procurement-services/bids/22-caliber-shooting-range-soil-remediation-portion-3057-main-st-0
The Town of Brewster uses the online auction services of GovDeals for disposal of surplus property in accordance with CH.3030B. Please visit https://www.govdeals.com/BrewsterMa.
BARNSTABLE COUNTY PURCHASING OFFICE
The Town participates in regional bid opportunities through the Barnstable County Purchasing Office, Purchasing | Barnstable County, Cape Cod and is an active member of the Cape Cod Association of Public Procurement Officials (CCAPP0).